05 August 2014

Harvest Monday

This week's harvest consisted of broccoli (950g), carrots,
and the last of the sugar snap peas (total weight 483g) and beans (total weight 1kg).

I also dug out my potatoes which were looking a little worse for wear and ended up with 6.9 kg altogether.
Red Delight - 2.8kg
Cream Delight - 2.2kg
Kestrel - 1.9kg from two plants that I transplanted from the asparagus bed.
Once again the Dutch Cream that I planted didn't grow so I will not be planting any next year but overall I was really happy with the potato harvest. 
To see what others have harvested this week, hop over to Daphne's Dandelions.

6 comments:

  1. That broccoli is so beautiful. What I'm pulling out now is not nearly as pretty. But at least it is still producing and tastes good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it might be just the variety I planted this year (Green Dragon) Daphne. I haven't seen any signs of side shoots on mine yet but I have my fingers crossed.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful broccoli. The variety that I grow doesn't produce big heads like that, but it does put out tons of side shoots. Yet, it would be nice to harvest something like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, we have had the coldest and wettest winter since I moved here 5 years ago and that could be the reason the broccoli has grown so well.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful harvest! Your potatoes are gorgeous. It's funny, because Dutch Cream usually grow the best for us here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Virginia, I am still learning what the best varieties of potatoes are to grow here in South Australia and I guess Dutch Cream just isn't one of them.

      Delete