01 September 2018

Because You Can Never Have Too Many Seeds

My seed order from Diggers arrived a couple of days ago, I wasn't going to buy any seeds this year as I have more than enough, but then I decided that I really wanted to grow some Lemon Drop tomatoes again this year and because paying $6.95 postage for one packet of seeds made for some expensive tomato seeds buying more seemed like the sensible thing to do.



Along with the Lemon Drop tomato seeds I also bought:

Crimson Flowered Broad Beans - As the name suggests these beans have a beautiful crimson flower and I've wanted these for the longest time, so I decided to just go ahead and buy them, they will make a lovely addition to next year's garden, there's no room for them in the garden now.

Painted Lady beans - Also known as seven year bean these beans have a white and salmon flower and will be given there own bed where they won't be disturbed.

Sunset Runner beans - Another bean I chose because of the flower which is a lovely salmon-pink.

Golden Podded Peas - Discovered at a market in India, I chose these because of the pod colour, but they also have a very pretty two toned flower of purple and pink so they will definitely add some colour to the winter garden next year.

Juane et Verte Squash - I'm trying to broaden the variety of vegetables I grow and after seeing some Yellow Button Squash in the local fruit and vegetable market I thought I would try growing them myself, but couldn't find them anywhere, so I bought this variety instead, I found seed for the yellow squash in the Reject Shop two days after I made my order. Oh, well.

Golden Zucchini - I grow green zucchini in my summer garden most years, but this year I want  to add some more colour to the veggie beds and I think these will do the trick.

As for those Lemon Drop tomatoes, if you haven't tried them I suggest you give them a go as they add a lovely lemony tartness to salads. I think they just might be my favourite tomato.

Until next time, Jan.



5 comments:

  1. Those seeds will grow into some delicious produce, Jan. I had kind of lost my gardening "mojo" ever since July was too warm and dried everything out. Just today though, I potted up some petunias because I really want to see some Spring colour soon. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all gardeners lose their mojo at one time or another, I know I have. The past 12 months have been really difficult for growing and last summer I didn't plant a thing, this year I am feeling more hopeful about it.

      Delete
  2. Oh I'm going to have to live my gardening life through you.....all I did was weed the veggie box 2 months ago and have planted nothing...just can't seem to get into it at the moment. Now it's spring I think summer veggies are easier to grow so will have to carve out some time to do something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard sometimes to find the motivation to get back into it and time is also a big factor, maybe try growing herbs or vegetables that don't require a lot of attention you might find your enthusiasm comes back.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete