06 April 2014

February/March

The last two months have passed by in a blur and I can't believe that we are already one third of the way through the year.

The offer of a new job meant a sudden (but not totally unexpected) move to Queensland for my eldest daughter and her family at the end of February.
 I was sad to see them go, but excited for them at the same time as it is something they had been talking about doing for a while now. I did get to spend an extra week with my granddaughter, though while her parents went on ahead to set up their new home. Saying goodbye to her was especially hard.

February also saw the passing of Ruby, I have no idea what the cause was but she is missed.

In March family and friends gathered to celebrate the 21st birthday of these two beautiful babies.

It's hard to believe looking at them today that when they were born they weighed a tiny 1430g (3lb 1oz) and 1465g (3lb 2ozs). I am incredibly proud of the young women they have become.

I continue to make my own bread, sometimes it's a hit, sometimes it's a miss and sometimes it's just peculiar.
After 3 months of making only bread I thought that it was time to try something slightly different. Pizza dough, so much easier than I thought it would be.

 I have been making my own soft spread butter for awhile now and it is so easy to do. I'm not sure that it is cheaper than store bought butter but at least I know exactly what goes into it.
 The cooler nights have meant that we have been able to enjoy some really beautiful sunsets the last few weeks.

 I will be back soon with a garden update.






0 comments:

Post a Comment