19 October 2021

Blogtober Day 18

 I have been lazy this past week; I haven’t kept up with my Italian lessons; I haven’t written in my journal; my colouring supplies have been neglected and worse of all, I haven’t walked once this week when I usually walk 4-5 times a week. I know the reason for it, I’m tired. Our elderly dog has been waking us up during the night because she needs to go outside, once back in bed, it takes an hour or more for me to get back to sleep, by the time my alarm goes off I feel like I’ve had no sleep at all. I’m out of my routine and I don’t like it. 

I worked a half-day at the Heritage Centre today. At the moment, I am cataloguing school children’s copybooks they used for practising their cursive writing, not an easy thing to do with pen and ink. Some are very messy. There are also some history and scripture exam papers as well, they make interesting reading. 

When I arrived home, I noticed that the garden was full of blooms, spring has finally arrived. I will leave you with some photos I took.

Bearded iris

My favourite rose of all time, Double Delight.

Cornflower

Erigeron aka Sea Side Daisy

Grandma's Rose, beautifully fragrant and thornless.

Lewisia

Dutch iris

Red valerian "Kiss Me Quick"
I will be back tomorrow.



    

2 comments:

  1. I quite understand about a disturbed night leaving a knock on effect the next day. Your garden looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in for a visit, KJ. I think anyone who has had children or puppy in their life would understand how a night of broken sleep can make you feel. I've bookmarked your blog and will pop over for a read.

      Delete